In a world where the news and internet seem to be consumed with an abundance of negativity, here are 25 reminders to brighten your day. Even if it’s only a little.
1. A stranger sacrifices his own body as he slides onto the ground to save another mans child as it plummets to the ground.
2. When Kevin Berthia found himself overwhelmed with financial stress of his infant girl who was born premature, he thought there was no light at the end of his tunnel and stepped over the rail of the Golden Gate Bridge. It wasn’t until talking to Officer Kevin Briggs for an entire hour that he realized he not only needed to live for himself, but for his daughter. Eight years later the two reconnected as Kevin Berthia was able to present Officer Briggs with an award for his service in helping encouraging over 200 victims to keep their life.
3. What more needs to be said about Dan? It’s the little things in life that help put a little sunshine in peoples step.
4. Ivan Fernandez Anaya may have lost the race, but he won our hearts with his immense amount of honesty, and sportsmanship.
5. This sheep takes the term stuck between a rock and a hard place a little too literally, thankfully there were some bystanders who took action into their own hands and rescued the sheep.
6. When Philippe Aumond and Camille Boivin son Jacob was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 3 1/2, they were relieved that he was so excited to have his own pump and even referred to it as his own little robot, but when he was 5 he told his parents it made him feel different. So to help him feel a little less left out they got tattoos of diabetic pumps which left their son feeling ecstatic.
7. If this doesn’t melt your heart, or make you like Maroon 5 just a little bit more, I don’t know what else would.
8. 11-year-old Ben Baltz had lost his right leg in a battle of bone cancer, but that wasn’t going to stop him from being an active kid. Ben has a prosthetic leg he uses to play sports, and during the 2012 Sea Turtle Triathlon he had already completed the 150 yard swim, the four mile bike race, and half of his one mile run before a screw in his prosthetic leg came loose and broke off. Ben was stuck on the ground until Private First Class Matthew Morgan carried his weight on his shoulders. Literally, Private Morgan private helped Ben finish the race he had started.
9. This brave 7 month old, 52 pound mastiff mix was not about to let any robbers attack his family or his house without a fight. Maybe “Legend” should have been named “Loyal”, but after his act of bravery he definitely is a legend!
10. Officer Carlos Ramos couldn’t pass up the opportunity to help a fellow-man in need when he was on patrol and saw Robert Williams shivering with soaking wet feet on a below freezing 28 degree morning.
11. This customer gives generosity and humanity a good name.
12. Because what little girl dressed as a princess wouldn’t feel flattered to be asked for her autograph?
13. Nothing is sweeter than seeing parents reminding their kids that they are the goodness, and difference in the world.
14. If only everyone could see the world through the eyes of a child, we may all love a little more, and judge a little less.
15. “Judge” the K-9 cop from West Deptford, New Jersey took one last walk with his partner to the vet before being put down due to battling a disease that enlarged his liver. To honor all of his hard work with the force, and pay respect, he was escorted in a patrol car along with all of his fellow police officers saluting him .
16. This amazing old man takes the term young at heart to a new level, and we love it! Nothing cuter than seeing a husband flirt, and “spook” his wife.
17. It’s like the saying goes “Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” Thank goodness for Emma Watson and other people of influence to remind our youth of this concept!
18. Because what’s better than a fresh cold Gatorade on a hot afternoon? I can only image how happy this garbage man was with the two little girls gesture of kindness!
19. The language of helping each other out is universal. It can be spoken no matter what part of the world we live in.
20. After a tragic train crash in Santiago de Compostela, the amazing, selfless, local residents rallied together and lined up by the dozens to help out those injured by donating blood.
21. Rick Van Beek has participated in more than 70 events for his daughter who has cerebral palsy. Those events include half marathons, triathlons, and any other race outdoors to make his daughter happy who loves to be outside in nature. This father gave up smoking 2 packs a day and chewing a tin of tobacco a day to become better for his daughter, and for his own health as well. “She is my heart and I am her legs” – Rick Van Beek. I’d say it’s safe to say Rick can easily qualify for father of the century with all he does for his daughter.
22. Why not help out and take matters into our own hands like this cute older lady when you know other people may not be able to get to the job? Always refreshing to see people help out with a pure intention of good in their heart.
23. This picture speaks for its self, this Subway sandwich shop in Frankfort, Kentucky is more than generous and offers free 6 inch subs to the homeless every Friday.
24. A team of Firefighters, and Paramedics in Wisconsin responded to an emergency call about a man having a heart attack, after successfully getting him to the hospital, the team returned to the elderly house to help shovel the foot of snow that had dropped the night before. Always awesome to see local servicemen and women go above and beyond their job and help out those in need!
25. I think it’s safe to say that Johnny Depp takes his role of Captain Jack Sparrows above and beyond to make fan’s and children’s dreams come true
With all the problems, fighting and hurt in the world, it’s so refreshing to see stories about all the good that is out in the world too! Humanity is still alive people!